Make art on a budget! The kids will have a blast making their own finger paints!
You Will Need
* 1/2 c. cornstarch
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 c. cold water
* Food coloring
* 1 medium saucepan
* Mini storage bowls with lids
* 1 tbsp. glycerin
Step 1: Mix ingredients in the saucepan
Mix cornstarch, salt, and water in the saucepan.
Add glycerin to make the paints shiny.
Step 2: Heat mixture on low
Cook on low for 10 to 15 minutes and continue stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
Step 3: Remove from heat
Remove mixture from heat after it has reached the desired consistency. Set it aside and let it cool.
Step 4: Divide the mixture
Divide the mixture into storage bowls.
Step 5: Add color to each bowl
Add food coloring and stir to create your desired shade. Keep leftover paint by covering with a tight-fitting lid.
Fact: Finger paints were invented by an American educator in 1931.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades